We really encourage and welcome new members. We meet in a private room at the Heathcote and Star pub, map below, on the second Wednesday of each month (except August). Doors open at 7:15pm for a 7.30pm start.
The 2020 subscription is £43, which is split between the WI, federation and the NFWI to help with running individual groups and the organisation as a whole. As a member you receive:
- access to 11 monthly meetings and to our social subgroup, The Birds
- exclusive opportunities to attend events, trips and get involved with
national WI campaigns
- chances to get involved with other local organisations and charities
- access to the National Federation of WI’s education programme
at Denman College
- Access to the members only website, My WI
- 8 copies of WI Life, the WI magazine, delivered straight to your door
- endless opportunities to learn, laugh and be part of something amazing!
You can join at any time during the year and pay a pro-rata subscription. You can also join more than one WI if you so desire and become a dual member. Full details can be found on the NFWI website.
Subscription extension for 2020: due to the impact of Covid-19, NFWI have decided to offer a 3 month extention to 2020 memberships. The next renewal date for membership subs will be 1 April 2021 and will be the 1 April each year going forward.
You are very welcome to visit us before joining to see if our institute is for you. Your first visit is on us, come and be our guest! There’s no need to let us know in advance, just turn up. We have tried to answer some of the queries you might have before coming along on our FAQs page.
Don’t worry if you are coming alone, we are a very welcoming bunch and love to meet new people. There is always a member of the committee checking for new faces and ready to say hello.
Fully accessible venue
The Heathcote & Star pub where we meet is fully accessible and can be found at 344 Grove Green Road, Leytonstone, E11 4EA. They have a great selection of food & drink available, indeed many members head there straight from work to grab a bite to eat before our meeting starts!